Welcome to the Graduate Student Senate (GSS)
at The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth!
- Are you a graduate student with questions or concerns? Contact your Senator(s)!
- Want to apply for a travel grant? Click here to know more about our funding process for individuals.
- Want to see what the GSS has been up to? View our previous meeting minutes.
- Want to keep up with what we’re doing? Check us out on Facebook! The GSS is also on Twitter and Instagram.
- Have a general question? Email us at GSS@umassd.edu.
- Other useful links: The GSS official University website, SGA, SAIL, MyOrgs
The GSS has our own mailing list! Sign up to get updates about our events and other important graduate student information here.
About the GSS
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth encourages and endorses the active engagement of students in shared governance. The principles of shared governance require that all constituencies are able to deliberate and express opinions on matters related to their programs and activities, and have the opportunity to recommend appropriate actions to the Chancellor.
The complex nature of today’s University requires that students have a meaningful voice in shaping the activities and programs that affect them directly. Working collaboratively with the Office of Graduate Studies and the Division of Student Affairs, and more broadly with the University administration and faculty, the Graduate Student Senate (GSS) works to address the goals, interests, concerns, and professional development of graduate students at UMass Dartmouth.
The purpose of the GSS is to:
- Serve as a resource and advocate for the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth graduate students;
- Represent the interests, concerns, and professional development of the graduate student population of the University;
- Facilitate community and communication among graduate students in different Colleges, Schools, and Departments;
- Identify and address current and emerging needs of graduate students